Insect Control Tips:
- Be certain you are having problems with D. melanogaster (fruit flies). Natural Catch® is designed to work with fruit flies. Check our fun facts page to assist you in identifying Drosophila melanogaster.
- If you can not be certain pests are D. melanogaster, seek the help of a pest control specialist for identification.
- Attempt to eliminate unnecessary competing food sources and breeding sites. Fruit flies constantly look for food and places to breed. Keep problem areas clean by removing spoilage. Natural Catch® traps are very effective with good sanitation practices.
- Consider the use of multiple traps in large areas.
- Mark the date the trap is activated on the trap label. We recommend replacement after 30 days of use for maximum effectiveness.
- Periodically inspect the trap. Make sure the trap entrance is clean and free of debris that would prevent flies from entering.
- Pierce all four holes using the stick that came with the trap and save the stick for the second trap. If no stick was provided use a lollipop stick or small Phillip's head screwdriver. The diameter of the implement used to open the trap should be close to 5/32". The trap is effective for over 30 days, inspect the trap occasionally to keep it free of debris.
- If you are still having problems after applying these tips, please contact us for technical assistance. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org